ASSIST - Motor Accident Response and Roadside Breakdown Assistance
ASSIST is a motor vehicle accident scene and emergency roadside breakdown assistance service provided by BCIC, free of charge, to our private car policyholders, twenty-four (24) hours per day for seven days of the week (including public holidays), island wide.
BCIC is the first insurance company in Jamaica to offer this revolutionary service and in so doing has transformed the claims handling process throughout the insurance industry.
Heres what to do:
If you are involved in an accident…
Call 1-888-2-ASSIST (277478). It is as simple as that!
And What Happens Next?
The monitoring station will answer the call and immediately dispatch a Response Team.
On arrival at the scene of the accident, the Response Team will:
- Notify the police, or if the police are in control of the scene of the accident, comply with the instructions of the Officer in charge.
- Secure the disabled vehicle.
- If required, arrange transportation to take you to the nearest medical treatment facility or to the nearest public hospital; or transport you to the nearest destination of choice within the service district.
- Provide a wrecker to remove the vehicle to the designated BCIC storage facility or to a garage of your choice within the service district.
- Secure all valuables as far as is reasonable possible.
- Obtain basic information relating to the accident.
- Photograph the accident scene and damaged areas of the vehicle.
- Assist in the exchange of relevant vehicle data and driver information with the third party.
Emergency Roadside Breakdown Assistance
On arrival at the scene, the Response Team will:
- Carry out minor adjustments and temporary repairs at the location to get the motor vehicle back on the road.
- Provide a “jump start” and perform adjustments to alternators, starters and other parts associated with the battery/electrical system.
- Flat tyre assistance.
- Towing of broken-down vehicle to the nearest service repair facility.
Is There a Charge?
This service is free to all BCIC Private Car Policyholders whose premiums are fully paid.
Do You Require Additional Information?
Telephone: (876) 922-1260 / (876) 618-2242
Toll Free: 1-888-BCIC-INS (224-2467)
Or enquire through a BCIC approved Broker or Agent.